Monday, 28 July 2008

Peace, Love and Creation

Hello Lovahs!
In the middle of a mild typhoon here in Yilan, which just meant no classes for the day, some wind, some rain and lots of lazing around in good company.

A good mate of mine, Ben, is opening his new veggie cafe in the next town over this week. So on Saturday, me and a couple of friends went over and I made dinner for everyone.. actually, it wasn't planned, it just evolved into a bit of a party! Which is always the best way right.. :)

I made mostly raw food... Here's the "menu":
- Raw "Mashed Potatoes" with Mushroom Gravy
- Lovely Green Salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Butterhead Lettuce and Japanese Cucumbers, with a Dijon mustard dressing
- Chinese Cream of Cucumber Soup with Star Anise and Fennel
- Quickly Boiled Greens (Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Peas, Young Soy Beans, Okra) with a Raw Pine Nut Garlic Cream
- Mango Pineapple Coconut Cream Smoothies (it's really hot at the moment)

A lovely S.A. friend of mine also made a yummy Thai stir fry and we had some wild rice.

It was a total hit! Everyone always gets interested when they see you making raw food, and are always intrigued to try it. Which is the best way to get people into it, I think. When you show them how easy it is to create and how good it tastes, they know that it is possible to increase the amount of raw food in their diet. However, that is rarely my aim.. I just love making food for people and seeing their happy well fed faces! Feeding people is such a privilege.

Otherwise, I've been trying to be better at eating more raw food.. the supermarkets in my town are not so great with the veggies, and this typhoon is going to drive up prices big time, but I do try to have green smoothies and lots of salads with dips etc. I would love to refine my raw diet according to Ayurvedic principles, but I don't think my life is settled enough to do that yet. Slow but steady!

Next week, am starting the fast! Am sort of excited.. :)

Life is wonderful, but I know I have some big challenges up ahead....
Till next time..
Peace and Love!

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

Sounds like a super party with a delicious menu :)